Watch our video to learn more, then take a free trial or read independent customer reviews and buy online. Now with FREE Radar Fundamentals Course.
We believe that contemporary eLearning is the best way to study for your RYA Day Skipper, Coastal Skipper or Yachtmaster Qualification.
Our courses are engaging, get results and save you money.
You can study anytime, anywhere for up to 12 months, moving backwards and forwards within and between lessons to ensure that you’ve fully grasped concepts and processes before moving on. If you have an iPad or Android tablet you can download lessons to study offline.
Our courses are fully approved by the RYA for gaining associated qualifications.
Support from a highly experienced Yachtmaster Instructor is always on hand. You can ask questions from directly within a lesson.
For your course fee of £295.00 you get:
- 12 months Internet access to our online training materials comprising lessons, exercises and quizzes. If you are unable to complete your course within a year you can extend for further 6 month periods for £50.
- The ability to download lessons for offline use on iPads, iPhones and Android devices.
- Fast email support from a highly experienced Yachtmaster Instructor and, if you really get stuck, phone support by way of a pre-arranged Skype call.
- The RYA Course Pack comprising: Course Handbook, 2 RYA Training Charts, a RYA Training Almanac, an online copy of US Chart 1 (symbols and abbreviations) which is a free Admiralty Chart 5011 substitute, and a voucher to download the RYA training chart-plotter for Windows PCs and Macs.
- Fee Radar Fundamentals training
- Mock exams.
- Online exams with unlimited resits and, for successful students, a course completion certificate.
- 25% off future bookings for you, your family and friends.
We use realistic 3D models to teach the collision regulations, buoyage and pilotage so you can see exactly how situations will appear from your vessel’s cockpit.
You can pause and replay lessons or parts of lessons and navigate backwards and forwards and within lessons using a graphical index of pages.
Exercises are presented in many different formats, not just multiple-choice questions, and you get immediate feedback including fully worked answers to the many exercises offered in the RYA course materials.
As soon as you’ve signed up you can log-in to Kipper Sailing’s Learning Management System and start eLearning. Your course pack will be sent to you by Royal Mail First Class Post within 24 business hours of signing up by First Class mail or Airmail if you are overseas (+£10 for Europe, +£20 rest of The World). It should arrive next day within the UK, within 3-4 days in Europe and around 5-7 days elsewhere. If you would prefer overseas courier delivery you can request it for £35.
Kipper Sailing’s eLearning runs on pretty much everything and anything in Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari and Firefox on Windows PCs, Apple Macs, Linux, iPad, iPhone and Android devices including phones, although you might find the screen a little small on some phones. iPad and Android tablet users can download lessons to run without an Internet connection for example whilst commuting or at sea. See iSpring for iPad or iSpring for Android as appropriate.